hi dear ones,
MAGIC is MIGHT
Magic, sometimes known as sorcery, is the practice of consciousness manipulation and/or autosuggestion to achieve a desired result, usually by techniques described in various conceptual systems. The practice is often influenced by ideas of religion, mysticism, occultism, science, and psychology.
Adherents to magic believe that it may work by one or more of the following basic principles:
- Natural forces that cannot be detected by science at present, and which may not be detectable at all. These magical forces are said to exist in addition to and alongside the four fundamental forces of nature: gravity, electromagnetism, the nuclear strong force and the nuclear weak force.
- Intervention of spirits, similar to hypothetical natural forces, but with their own consciousness and intelligence. Believers in spirits will often describe a whole cosmos of beings of many different kinds, sometimes organized into a hierarchy.
- A mystical power, such as mana, numen, chi, or kundalini, that exists in all things. Sometimes this power is concentrated in a magical object, such as a ring, a stone, a charm, or dehk, which the magician can manipulate.
- Manipulation of the Elements, by using the will of the magician and symbols or objects which are representative of the element(s). Western practitioners typically use the Classical elements of Earth, Air, Water, and Fire.
- Manipulation of Energy. Also believed to be the manipulation of energy from the human body. Most commonly referred to by the usage of the hands while the mouth uses a command of power.
- Manipulation of symbols. Adherents of magical thinking believe that symbols can be used for more than representation: they can magically take on a physical quality of the phenomenon or object that they represent. Another view is that sigils) in particular can be “charged” with magical powers. By manipulating symbols or sigils, one is said to be able to impact reality, or the reality that this symbol represents.
Over the years, there have been so many famous magicians, actually too numerous for them all to get a mention, so we will concentrate on some of the more well known ones.
These are some magicians who left their mark in the history.
All of these famous magicians have brought their own unique style to performing magic, illusions, tricks and escapology.
Harry Houdini – probably one of the most famous magicians of them all, well known for escaping chains, ropes, handcuffs and straitjackets.
David Copperfield – renowned for his spectacular illusions, including making the Statue of Liberty disappear from view.
Siegfried and Roy – famous magicians probably best known for their use of white tigers in their spectacular stage shows.
Lance Burton – a popular American magician and also the first American to win the “World Championship of Magic”.
Doug Henning – a famous magician born in Canada. A colourful character with his brightly coloured clothes, thick moustache and long hair.
David Blaine – initially known for his street magic, he now performs somewhat bizarre stunts such as being encased in a block of ice for over 60 days.
Penn and Teller – a double act of famous magicians who are somewhat eccentric in their performances, enraging other magicians for publicly revealing how some tricks are done.
Derren Brown – a prominent mind control performer who leads audiences along with subtle hints and psychological techniques, often to great effect.