HI DEAR ONES,
Renewable resources are those that are replenished through biogeochemical and physical cycles. Renewable resources are seldom perfectly renewable. If their levels are heavily decreased, they may not be able to completely replenish themselves. For example, if a species is nearly eradicated, it may not be able to avoid extinction.
Examples of Renewable Resources are:
- Fruit and veg
- Meat from animals
There are indeed several renewable energy resources that can supply us with electricity and heat.
Examples of another 5 Renewable Resources are:
- Wind Energy: Generates electricity by using the wind.
- Geothermal: Generates electricity from steam produced by water heated within the earth.
- Hydrogen Energy: Use flowing water to generates electricity.
- Bio Energy: Use biomass (plant materials, landfill or animal waste) to produce heat or electricity.
- Ocean Energy:
Wave Energy: Produce electricity from the power of waves.
Tidal Energy: Traps water in dams to supply to hydropower generators.
Thermal energy conversion: Use solar-heated surface water to produce electricity.
By contrast, non-renewable resources do not replenish themselves, or, as in the case of fossil fuels, do so only at a very slow rate.
Examples of Nonrenewable Resources are:
- Fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas
- Minerals like copper
These resources are mined and exhausted. The supply of fossil fuel is depleting fast and cannot be reproduced/ renewed.
For this reason, it has become necessary to look for alternatives energy sources.