hi dear ones,
In Sanskrit, Panchagavya means the blend of five products obtained from cow. Panchagavya is made from five products of the cow — its dung, urine, milk, ghee and curd. Since ages Panchagavya is being used by Hindus in traditional rituals. The uses and healing properties of different components of Panchagavya are :
- Cow Dung : Cow dung is anti-septic. It has anti-bacterial and fungicidal action. Thus a filtrate of the suspension made by thoroughly mixing cow dung and water forms one of the main ingredients of skin ointments, which are useful in serious skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and gangrene.
- Cow Urine : The Cow ‘s urine, which is being sold under the label ‘Gift of the Cow’, is well known for its medicinal property. Cow’s urine has been described in Ayurveda as a therapeutic agent.
- Cow Milk : According to Ayurveda, cow milk provides special and unique nutrition that cannot be derived from any other type of food. Cow milk, when digested properly, nourishes all the tissues, promotes balanced emotions, and helps to balance all the doshas. It is one of the most important foods to promote Ojas (the force that maintains life).
- Cow Ghee : In Ayurveda, cow’s Ghee is believed to be the best for human consumption. It is full of nutritive qualities and an ideal diet for these heart patients who suffer due to excessive cholesterol in their blood. Its regular consumption enhances physical and mental strength, keeps the body healthy and increases the potency of the body. It is not only nutritive, but also helps in taking out the impurities from the body. It enhances eyesight, keeps muscles and tendons healthy, and bone sturdy yet supple.
- Curd/Dahi : Curd is a byproduct of cow milk. The Sanskrit name is for curd is dahi. All the leading practitioners of Ayurveda, including Charaka and Sushruta, have written on its qualities and usefulness. It is considered as one of the most wholesome food items throughout the world. Curd has its therapeutic value in many diseases. It has been described as a tonic and is credited with the properties that prevent premature aging. Curd also brings relief to patients of diarrhoea and dysentery and is recommended in chronic specific and non-specific colitis.
Panchagavya is also a traditional method, used to safeguard plants and soil micro-organisms and to increase plant production. Panchagavya application is found to be more profitable than recommended fertilizer application and chemical spray. The modified versions of panchakavya (unique liquid organic fertilizer) used for organic farming have been standardized by experimental trials.