hi dear ones,
Narcotics: A drug that produces numbness or stupor; often taken for pleasure or to reduce pain; extensive use can lead to addiction
Alcohol and tobacco rank among the ten most dangerous substances used by humans. Both alcohol and tobacco have been assessed to be more dangerous than illegal drugs like marijuana or ecstasy.
The following three factors are considered in the way of harmfulness of each drug that are given below:
- Physical harm to the user
- Addictive potential of the drug
- The drug’s overall impact on society
Ranked from most to least dangerous, the ten most dangerous substances were deemed to be:
- Heroin – popular street names include smack, skag, and junk.
- Cocaine – often referred to as snow, flake, coke, and blow.
- Barbiturates – popular slang names include yellow jackets, reds, blues, Amy’s, and rainbows.
- Street Methadone
- Ketamine – a powerful hallucinogen, often referred to as Special K.
- Benzodiazepines – a family of sedative drugs.
- Amphetamines – known as greenies among baseball players.
- Buprenorphine – also called bupe or subbies.
The remaining drugs that were assessed in this study ranked as follows:
- Cannabis – includes marijuana.
- Solvents – volatile substances that can be inhaled, such as glue, nail polish remover, paints, hair spray, and lighter fuel (gas).
- 4-MTA – is a derivative of amphetamine and has similar effects to ecstasy.
- Methylphenidate – central nervous system stimulant, commonly sold as ritalin.
- Anabolic steroids
- GHB – short for Gamma hydroxybutyrate, a powerful central nervous system depressant, most commonly known as the date rape drug.
- Alkyl nitrates – group of drugs commonly referred to as poppers.
- Khat – an amphetamine-like stimulant.
Narcotics of Natural Origin
Narcotics Treatment Drugs